Sunday, December 21, 2008

Creative Beading Work

I love to see (and wear) a pretty cloth.. full of bling2 beads detail on it . Especially baju kurung or kebaya.. It's definitely will look exclusive and expensive.. Ala2 celebrity gitu!.

Sample beading work from my Sifoo-Amoi
This kind of outfit can cost from RM200 - RM600 in any boutique in M'sia. I love it... but it's to expensive for me.. Considering its only normal baju kurung or kebaya that usually can bought around RM50.
That's when i decided to join Beading Class from sifoo Amoi and get my self some knowledge of this exclusive sewing technique. I've started with Amoi's beginner class last year & recently I finally graduated from her advance class (ewah!).. Now I'm officially a beader with certificate (huaaa...)

At first i thought i can never do this beading work as nice and neat as my sifoo did.. but after few attempt surprisingly i can do it! and it's pretty! (felt like crying.. syahdu..) Actually its not that hard to do any beading on textile/cloth. The only thing you need is the sewing tools + patience + a bit of creativity..

This is some of the tools needed


Needle, Cutter, fabric pen / pencil and coins (for round tracing)

Thread
Beads (hexagon and round)

Sequins and pearls Add my collection with some bling2.. stones.. sequins flowers
Some references.. Books, Notes & Beads colour code
This is some technique I've learn from sifoo Amoi class

Beginner Class


Advance Class

Wanted to see my beading work? Did I successfully apply my knowledge and skill that I've learn? Stay tune.. I'll share with you on my next post OK?

No comments: